Monday, August 30, 2010

Lunch on the Lawn


5x5 oil on panel
$75 + s/h - Sold

Still enjoying my sunny lawn series here. Its great practice actually, painting small, putting in dabs of color, leaving some pure color, experimenting with flesh tones, reflected color, etc.

I think one of the most important things about painting people is to paint them with warmth. We have lots of blue and green undertones in skin, but when painted with blues and browns, people will just look ashy and aged. I like to make sure my shadows have lots of reds. A master of color in the human form is John Asaro. Check him out for some real inspiration.

6 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

I am enjoying your lawn series as well...I particularly love this piece, great suggestive brush work!

Carol Blackburn said...

Very nice, Robin. Thanks for the tips, too.

Lori Bonanni said...

Beautiful, wonderful sense of light!

Linda Popple said...

Lovely series. I looked up John Asaro and I agree that he is very inspiring. He work is beautiful on many levels.

Arti said...

Very nice and cheerful painting.The skin tone looks great!

Johnnie Sielbeck said...

oooooo this one's really nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...