Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Devils in the Details


5x5 oil on panel
$75 + s/h

This pleasant summer scene is my first small painting in quite awhile. And I started back really small, didn't I? Made me ignore details for sure! I need to get my studio cleaned up and order some supplies before long. My daughter is back to school today - started second grade. She had a great day and I was only a little teary to say good bye. Seven is a great age, btw.

I saw this woman reading on a lawn in Chicago - no doubt taking a break to enjoy the lovely weather. If we did this in Texas right now, we'd probably burst into flames. I'm always interested in what people are reading and I could just barely make out the title, "The Devil in the White City"... this is owing to a fabulous zoom lens. I highly recommend one for taking pictures of people. I saw many people out enjoying the weather like this. I can't wait until we can get back outdoors here again. A blazing 105 right now, but there appears to be a storm blowing in. Lets hope so!

6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Nicely done, Robin. :)

Linda Popple said...

I love this, Robin! It certainly doesn't look like it is on 4x4 - looks larger! Your greens are lovely and the gesture of the reader is right on.

Yes, this heat is a bummer! Here in Fort Worth we've had some cloud cover and HOORAY!! some rain. I think the report is that we are going to be in the 90's for the rest of the week. Not too bad after day after day of 100 plus temps!

bridget Hunter said...

This certainly tells of heat - those bright white tones in contrast to the beautiful blues you've used for the skin shadows.

Tessa Lake said...

Very nice :)

I'll swap you your heat for my rain! Autumn has come early in England :(

Marian Fortunati said...

I think our weather is much like yours this week!!

Strangely I think I heard that the "high pressure zone" that is over us came from your directions... Usually that's not the case.

BTW... our schools don't start until 9/13... but who's counting??? (no $$$$$... CA is broke)

Love the painting... reminds me of what I should be doing...

hmuxo said...

I love this painting Robin...her white dress and the green lawn behind her ...wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...