Saturday, August 15, 2009

Moses Botkin Monthly Challenge

This month's subject was my pick. And I chose something that has challenged me before. An unmade bed. I think the difficulty is the pattern of the sheets on top of the folds and rumples. As it turns out, I didn't quite get into those sorts of issues. I saw this scene at my parent's house in Florida recently. They've had this bed for ages and its the one I now sleep in when I visit. I had gotten up one night late and when I came back, the perfect scene presented itself.


The Old Brass Bed
10x8 oil on panel - PURCHASE
(c) 2009 Robin Cheers


"Asleep in the Window Seat"
18x24 oil on canvas
(c) 2009 Marie Fox



Expedition on an Unmade Bed
8x10 oil on board
(c) 2009 Diana Moses Botkin



Wine Night
8x8 oil on board
(c) 2009 Michael Naples



The Boys
9x9 oil on canvas
(c) 2009 Vicki Ross



Unmade Bed
12x9 oil on canvas
(c) 2009 Silvina Day

2 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

Love it, Robin! Makes me want to crawl up in it and snooze...

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I really enjoyed this challenge subject, Robin. Thanks for the push; it was indeed a challenge, and lotsa fun.

And I love the story of your beautiful unmade bed painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...