Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mid-Night Lights


6x6 oil on panel
$100 + $12 s/h - sold

I was up around 3 a.m. one night at the beach (thanks Dad!) and went outside to have a look at the moon which was a brilliant orangey-red and hanging low on the horizon. Looking to the north though I saw this hotel lit up with the glow of vapor lights.
I love night scenes. I should do more.


While I paint, my dog Macy sometimes hangs out in the studio on a pillow I have for her under my easel. Usually, though she is too busy laying on the couch in the front window watching for passersby to bark at. But today she was nearby and she was so cute and relaxed, that I quickly sketched her in on a board. Seriously, this took about 5 minutes and I am really pleased with it. Can you guess that she is a schnauzer? Best dog ever! :-)


6x6 oil on panel
nfs

1 comment:

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

Incredible how you captured the night lighting. Just great

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...