Friday, May 10, 2013

Skimming Along

10x10 oil on panel
$500 + s/h
contact me

A slightly larger beach scene that I created for a commission. These were all done with reference photos I had. Frequently, I will pull parts of photos together to build a composition. The boys were from different scenes and the boat another. If you work from photos you need to be able to reference them, not copy them. So even the most unpromising looking image can spark an idea or offer me something. I will frequently do pencil sketches first to lay out an idea and then look for reference material. I have thousands of digital  photos and I have them sorted by subject in folders. Its all backed up on Mozy.com. My husband couldn't believe it when he saw that I have something like 27GB of photos.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...