Friday, October 12, 2012

Mike's Tractor

11x14 oil on panel
sold

This was my second painting of the weekend paint out. My first is really not worth showing - or keeping. But this tractor and old gnarled oak just intrigued me. It was a challenging scene to paint. I was sure I wasn't going to be able to do it. AND my new friend Mike wanted to watch me work! After a rocky start, I settled down and figured out how to paint the tree and the background and then began to make some marks on the tractor until it began to look like a tractor! Its loose and colorful. Sometimes its a lot of fun to leave things in the sketchy phase and don't retouch those bold color "test" marks. 

I'm about to head out to another type of farmland - Indiana - to celebrate my inlaws 50th wedding anniversary. Will be mixing a little business in there and plan to meet a collector about a commission of her favorite restaurant. What a cool job I have! :-)

4 comments:

geraldo roberto da silva said...

Nice tractor!

Studio at the Farm said...

Robin, I think you captured the tractor beautifully with the loose strokes. Have a great time at the anniversary celebration!

Anonymous said...

I think that this is the perfect painting! It has a tree,a John Deere tractor, and some dirt! What more could you want in a painting? The perfect painting! It's a work of art and it will stand the test of time!

Sherry Schmidt said...

Oh, I missed this piece! Love theses colors and movement!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...