Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cloud Gate


pastel on Wallis sanded paper

This I did quite awhile ago - just playing around with pastels. I like the medium and the surface but there are too many difficulties with framing and conservation.

I haven't experimented too much in my career as artist. My college courses were mostly focused on drawing and design and then post college I studied for several years here in Austin with Elizabeth Locke. She focuses on classical education in value, composition, and color theory. Since then, I've stuck with oils.

A creature of habit.

We're expecting company in the next day or so. And my daughter is heading into her last week of school. So my posts may get more random both in frequency and in subject! Maybe some crayon drawings even.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...