Sunday, February 11, 2007

Lunch Crowd at Jo's


5x7 oil on clayboard

$100 + $10 s/h via Paypal - sold
I've wanted to tackle this kind of silhouette image for awhile and really enjoyed the outcome. This is in Jo's Coffeehouse/restaurant on second street. The windows are framed with green and that, coupled with the trees outside, lend rather a yellow-green light to the front interior, the light reflects nicely off the aluminum countertop too. I like the casualness with which people wait for their orders to come up. I suppose if you're waiting for a good cup of coffee, its a pleasure.(note: as usual, the digital representation does not do justice to the actual painting)

4 comments:

naquaiya said...

This is oh so nice!

Heidi Malott said...

Robin, this is great! I like your work.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Hey, your work is really nice! I'm not worrying about your and being 'blocked' anymore! Beautiful rendition of light.

Anonymous said...

WWW OOOO WWWWWW!!!!!
Your best work, I think. do it again and again and again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...